Ranging from fresh flowers to unconventional furniture accents, adding your personality to your room doesn’t require a large budget or a lot of work. The key to a flattering room is creativity and originality. If your room is under-appreciated and lacking a sense of self, follow these top five foolproof steps to infuse your personality into your boudoir.
Utilizing artwork is one of the easiest ways to personalize your bedroom. When choosing art décor, pick painting, sculptures, or sketches that speak to you. Regardless of your personality, artwork can add that pop of self even when you don’t realize it at first.
Now you’re probably thinking I am talking about lamps. While these indeed create a quirky twinkle to the room, there’s more to good lighting than that. Utilize the windows in your room; select the perfect light filtering blinds that will create a sense of home to your bedroom. With the magnitude of colors and styles, you’re sure to find a perfect blind on a budget, which you can utilize to its full potential. Be sure to also check out child-safe cordless blinds.
3. Fresh Flowers
Fresh flowers can add a pop of color and a bit of whimsy to your room. Although faux will obviously last longer, there is something exotic and charming about fresh cut stems. This will for sure add spirit and a touch of romance to any room. Did I mention they are cheap?
4. Just Your Style
Finding the perfect bedspread should be so fun and easy. Just remember the theme you’re trying to accomplish. Once it’s found your room is almost complete. Here are a few themes to help keep you on track:
- Romantic – Surround yourself with beautiful floral prints, soft fabrics, and lovely details with bedding designed for your sweetest dreams.
- Exotic – Travel to far corners of the world to find animal skin patterns, and luscious tropical prints.
- Classic – Never go wrong when choosing a classic solid item that gives you the best stitching patterns.
- Fun – Look for wide assortment of prints to help you create, well, just about any feeling you want.
- Masculine – This can range from geometric prints to plaids to solids. Find something that will surely please any man looking to decorate his room.
- Country/Cottage – Bring back memories of simpler times with charming prints, hand-crafted quilts, and cozy country style.
5. Reading Nook
To some this may seem impossible due to the limited space in your bedroom. However, accessorize your room with more than just a bed, dresser, and nightstand. Utilize the small corner of your room as a reading or sipping tea area. This will allow you to spend more time in your bedroom, other than when you’re catching the good ole ZZZZs.
Additional fact: Scented candles and soft lighting will enhance the relaxing ambiance to any room, especially the bedroom.